- No lifting or carrying of anything over 10 pounds for 1 week.
- Keep anything that you do carry in your hands or arms close to your body.
- When going up or down stairs, take them one at a time using your 'good' leg.
- Soak in a hot tub, jacuzzi, or tub of hot water for 15 to 30 minutes at least once every day. Your entire chest, abdomen, and pelvis need to be under water.
- Take 500 mg. of Vitamin C complex with bioflavonoids (such as the Ester C capsules or Perque powdered C which we use and sell) at least with each meal and at bedtime.
- Drink up to one half your body weight in ounces of pure water or fresh vegetable juice every day.
- Remember to slowly and gently tuck the top of your pelvis back (tighten your tummy and buttock muscles) every time before you change position, such as getting into or out of your car or truck, sitting, getting up from sitting, turning over in bed, or whatever.
- Use large cushions (like from the sofa) under your lower legs to bring your knees closer to your head than to your pelvis. This position gently tractions your lower back and allows your muscles to relax. Do not stay in this position longer than 30 minutes at a time or you may have difficulty getting up from the floor or bed.
- Use a pillow between your knees, with your knees up (like in a fetal position), for sleeping. One side is usually more comfortable than the other. Of course, sleep on your more comfortable side.
- Gentle massage of the muscles of your low back and pelvis will help. Either lie on your most comfortable side or place a pillow under your pelvis and abdomen when you lie face down. The BF&S ointment that we use and sell is excellent for relaxing muscle spasms.